Monday 2 January 2012

Purple polka dots

Yay, I made a dress. I haven't completed a sewing project in weeks, thanks to hot weather and Christmas and all. Finished this little number this afternoon.


This fabric was bought with my lovely Lincraft Christmas gift voucher. The gift that keeps on giving.

For this I used New Look 6557. By itself. No mish-mash of patterns here for once!

I just love this neckline. It always gapes bit at the sides of the bust on me so I inserted some elastic into the seams to keep it tight. I have no idea if I'm actually supposed to do this, I've used the various bodices so many times I don't bother reading the instructions any more.



The straps are great too. Sturdy enough to support a bosom and still very feminine.


And all created to the sounds of an impromptu '80s soundtrack courtesy of my Other Half. Bleh. I enjoyed the Belinda Carlisle though. (I don't know who any of the others were. But there was plenty of soulful wailing and synthesizers.)


P.S. Stay tuned for a new-look blog soon!

1 comment: