Monday 30 January 2012

Red dress dress

No, it's not a typo. It really is a dress dress!

See?

Dresses:




(For some reason that last one always uploaded sideways. I tried. Anyway.)

Dress!



I wasn't going to make any more of these dresses for a while, but there was NO WAY I was going to delay making this gorgeous fabric into something. I bought the end piece - 2m - and luckily it was just enough. I had to cut the skirt out sideways though. The fabric wasn't wide enough to have the pattern running vertically.


Ok, so there are sunglasses and shoes and bags all over it as well. But I'm calling it my Dress Dress.


Alterations: 2 darts to the back. I've always struggled a bit to get the bodice of these dresses fitting well. I finally figured it out.




1 comment:

  1. Correction - it is a "freaking fabulous red dress dress". Of all your dresses, this is my favourite. Oh, I didn't show you my shoes today. Check the blog - glitter pumps. :D

    ReplyDelete